Download Electronic Materials
Can't make it into the library? Butte County Library offers the following services to download items directly to your device:
Need help getting started? See our help guides!
Can't find an audiobook or eBook to download or have a suggestion? Email us at EBookRequest@ButteCounty.net.
We provide you with information you can't find on Google! Your library card gives you access to valuable databases and collections:
- American Physical Society Journals (In-library access)
- Ancestry Library Edition (in-library access) - Access to billions of records in census data, vital records, directories, photos, and more.
- ChiltonLibrary - Get the detailed information you need to tackle vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Fashion, Costume and Culture
provides a broad overview of costume traditions of diverse cultures from prehistoric times to the present day.
- Gale Reference Library is an internationally-renowned reference for researchers and students. Includes information about Colleges & Scholarships, an Encyclopedia of Everyday Law, Health & Medicine and Environment & Science.
- Gale Biography in Context access 600,000+ biographical entries — on more than 528,000 individuals.
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints in Context covers some of today's hottest topics. Research, analyze and organize a broad variety of data for conducting research, completing writing assignments, preparing for debates, or creating presentations.
- InfoTrac - Reference Center Gold General Reference
provides full-text articles and images from magazines and newspapers, including the latest current events, popular culture, business and industry coverage, the arts, sciences, sports, hobbies, etc. Also includes Student Edition, Junior Edition K12, and Kids InfoBits.
- InfoTrac PowerPak collections enables users to access an entire collection of articles on a specific topic. Collections include Agriculture, Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts, Gardening, Home Improvement, Small Business, World History, and more.
- JobScout is a free online learning platform that will help improve your basic Internet skills.
- NoveList is a fiction database that provides subject access, reviews, annotations, and more for over 135,000 fiction titles, as well as Author Read-alikes and Book Discussion Guides.
- Testing & Education Reference Center:
Taking a college entrance or licensing exam? Looking for a college or graduate school? Need help finding scholarships? Use this database to search thousands of college and graduate school entries. Identify scholarships that meet their financial needs. Take on-line practice tests and use test prep eBooks to obtain your education goals.
- TumbleBooks is a collection of animated talking picture books which you can read or have read to you. Includes fiction and non-fiction kids books. Also has puzzles and games related to the books.
- West's Encyclopedia of American Law is a comprehensive overview of American law, covering historical and current terms, concepts, events, movements, cases, and persons significant to U.S.law.
- World Book Online: Access World Book Online for Kids, Timelines, Reference Center, InfoFinder, Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos and Hispanica Saber.