All Butte County Library branches will be closed Tuesday March 31st in celebration of Cesar Chavez day.
Tax time is here! You may download forms for printing, order paper forms for home delivery, or visit free tax help throughout Butte County.
Wireless printing from your laptop available in the Chico, Durham, Oroville and Paradise branches. Click to download a temporary printer driver. (The driver may only be downloaded when you're connected to wifi in a branch library.)
Butte County Library's automated phone notification system has been updated. Patrons will be called by phone when their items are 1 day overdue. To renew your books contact your local branch during open hours or login to your account online anytime.
Library Newsletter - Find out about upcoming programs and events, staff reads and more.
2014 - 2015 Book In Common is The Distance Between Us by Reyna Grande
Send print jobs from your home computer or laptop and pick up your prints at the Chico Library. Printing is available in Black & White only. Prints cost $0.10 per page.
- Chess Club meets at the Paradise Library, Wednesday from 2-4 p.m., and at the Oroville Library, Wednesdays from 3:00-6:00 pm.
- Chico Branch Library shows movies every other Sunday at 2 p.m. Please call 891-2762 for information regarding what's playing.
- Ladies Night Out at the Movies. Men and teens are also invited to attend. Gridley Friends of the Library sponsor a recently released or classic movie the 3rd Friday of the month. Shown in the Gridley Library meeting room, doors open at 6:00pm.
- Need help with your e-Reader or tablet? Visit the Chico Library’s weekly Tech User Group (Tuesdays 5:30-6:30 pm and Wednesdays 1:00-2:00 pm) or drop in for e-Reader Rescue at the Oroville Library (Wednesdays 3-4 pm). Learn how to set up your e-reader, smartphone, or tablet device to download free library e-books, e-magazines and audiobooks. Please bring your own device and plan to learn something new every time!
- StoryTail Tutors is a free reading program for beginning, struggling and reluctant readers. Read to a trained and certified therapy dog in a relaxed library environment. Meets at the Chico Library, the 4th Saturday of every month at 2:00pm, ages 5 - 11 years.
- Join the Junior Paradise Friends of the Library (JPFOL), a youth group ages 12-17, with the goal of making the public library a more teen friendly place. Meets at the Paradise Library the first Wednesday of the month at 4:00pm.
- Karaoke Night at the Durham Library. Fun for all ages! Refreshments will be served.The 2nd Friday of each month 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
- Knitters Night Out, free and open to all crafters. All ages and all skill levels. Bring your own crocheting, knitting, or other fiber project. Tuesdays 4:00-6:00 pm at Oroville Library,Wednesdays 5:30pm to 7:00pm at the Chico Library, and Thursdays at noon at the Paradise branch.
Covered California has the latest information about the Affordable Healthcare Act. Call toll free 888.975.1142.