Where can I find a copy of my Well Log?

A copy of your Well Log, also known as a Well Completion Report, is available from the Department of Water Resources (DWR) - Northern Region Office. This will give you more information about your well including its construction details, total depth and casing and screening information. Well information is available online at no charge via the Well Completion Report Mapping Application. If you are unable to find the report using the online application, you may request one by filling out and submitting a Well Completion Report Request Form (PDF), a fee may be charged. For more information contact the Northern Region office by email or by calling 530-529-7368.

If DWR cannot locate your Well Log, you may also request your well depth information and Well Log from the Butte County Public Health Department Environmental Health Division. Call them at 530-552-3880.

Show All Answers

1. My well has “gone dry,” what do I do?
2. How can I find out where the groundwater level is in my area?
3. I haven’t had problems but how can I be proactive?
4. Where can I find a copy of my Well Log?