My well has “gone dry,” what do I do?

Private WellThis occurs when the groundwater levels fall below the depth of the pump or the bottom of the well. You will need to contact a licensed contractor who can assess your situation and give you options. The Wellowner website has a Contractor Lookup Tool.

If you have the ability to store water or purchase a storage tank, be sure to use only licensed water haulers for delivery of safe, clean potable water. A list of licensed water haulers in Butte County and surrounding counties can be found in the section above. A Complete List of Licensed Water Haulers can be found on the CA Department of Public Health (CDPH) website.

Show All Answers

1. My well has “gone dry,” what do I do?
2. How can I find out where the groundwater level is in my area?
3. I haven’t had problems but how can I be proactive?
4. Where can I find a copy of my Well Log?