CDPH updated its guidance on April 6 to align with the recommended isolation and quarantine timeframes from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
View information for Isolation for COVID-19 Positive Individuals (Regardless of Vaccination Status).
All individuals with COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status:
- Stay home for at least five days.
- Isolation can end after day five if symptoms are not present or resolving and if an antigen test (rapid home test) collected on day five or later is negative.
- If a fever is present, isolation should be continued until the fever resolves.
- If symptoms, other than fever, are not resolving continue to isolate until symptoms are resolving or until after day 10.
- Wear a well-fitting mask when around others, especially indoors, for 10 days from the date of a positive test.