Is my parcel in the city or county?

Please visit our Parcel Look-Up Tool to determine which jurisdiction your parcel is located in. At the bottom of the page, type in the property's Assessor's Parcel Number (APN). This will take you to the parcel in question and will load a text box that will give you information about the parcel, including the zoning. If the zoning lists a city or a town, the parcel is not in the county. City areas are referred to as "incorporated", while areas not under city jurisdiction are referred to as being located in the "unincorporated" area of Butte County. Butte County and each incorporated city maintain their own zoning ordinance, land use regulations, and general plan.

Show All Answers

1. Can I subdivide my property?
2. Do I need a business license for a business in my home?
3. Is my parcel in the city or county?
4. How can I find the zoning for a specific property?
5. How do I determine property boundaries as shown on a map?
6. How do I establish a business in my home?
7. How do I find easements on my property?
8. How do I obtain a Temporary Housing Permit as a result of the North Complex Fire?
9. How tall can I build a fence?
10. How would I obtain an easement from a neighbor?
11. What does multi-zoned mean on the Parcel Look-Up? What are the zones on the property?
12. What is a use permit?
13. What type of land uses are allowed on a property?
14. What is zoning?
15. Where is my septic system located? How do I get a septic system for my property? How do I apply for a well?