Property Tax Due Dates
- July 1: Beginning of fiscal year and mailing of unsecured property tax bills.
- August 31: Unsecured property tax payment is due. A 10% penalty is added to total due after 5 pm. Additionally, interest begins to accrue at 1.5% per month and additional fees are added to cover the cost of the lien process ($21 for the courtesy lien notice and $15 per lien notice recorded)
- October: Secured property tax bills are mailed.
- November 1: First secured property tax installment is due and delinquent unsecured accounts accrue additional monthly penalties of 1.5% until paid.
- December 10: Final day to pay the first installment of secured property taxes. A 10% penalty is added after 5 pm. Online payments, however, will be accepted as timely if paid by midnight on the final due date.
- February 1: Second installment of secured property taxes is due.
- April 10: Final day to pay the second installment of secured property taxes. A 10% penalty and an additional $31 charge is added to the bill after 5 pm. Online payments, however, will be accepted as timely if paid by midnight on the final due date.
- If you are on an Installment plan for defaulted taxes, this is the final day to make the annual 20% (plus interest) payment and any current or supplemental taxes due.
- May: Reminder notices are mailed to property owners with outstanding current secured taxes.
- June 30: End of the fiscal year and the last day to pay delinquent property taxes for the current fiscal year. Payments must be received by the Treasurer-Tax Collector's Office by 5 pm. June 30 Postmarks are not accepted.
- July 1: Delinquent secured property tax accounts are transferred to delinquent tax rolls. Additional monthly penalties accrue at 1.5% per month on any unpaid prior year balance. A $15 redemption fee is also added to the bill.
If a final due date falls on a weekend or holiday, the taxes may be paid without penalty until 5 pm on the next business day. The exception to this is the end of the fiscal year - payments must be received by mail or in person by 5 pm on the last business day in June.