- Departments M to Z
- Public Works
- Land Development
The Land Development Division of Public Works processes abandonments and formation of assessment districts and County Service Areas (CSAs). This division provides checking of all subdivisions, parcel map, waiver of parcel map, lot line adjustments and certificate of merger to ensure all conditions with prior creation of lots or movement of property lines. In addition, this division provides map checking, construction and drainage plan checking, development construction inspection, flood control project coordination with all Local, State, and Federal Agencies, provides information for the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCo), administration of County Service Areas, and the County Surveyor functions. This division also provides clearance of difficult building permits, private road name determinations, flood zone interpretation, Storm Water Plan development and representation at the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors' meetings. This division ensures that development and use of all lands are done in a safe manner to protect both the landowners and the community.
Programs & Services
- Land Development Fee Schedule (PDF) - Schedule of Fees Land Development charges for its services.
- Benchmarks - Details on Benchmarks found throughout Butte County.
- Improvement Standards - Minimum standards to be applied to improvement projects in Butte County.
- Road Names - List of all roads in Butte County including private, city, county, etc. Updated quarterly and/or as needed.
- Permanent Road Division - County policy will no longer allow new subdivisions to construct privately maintained roads unless they are formed as a privately maintained gated community and maintained by a Home Owners Association (HOA).
- Drainage Studies - Thermalito Master Drainage Plan.
- Stormwater Program - A requirement of Phase II of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Program as to reduce stormwater pollution.
- Standard Estimating Rates (PDF) - Rated used by engineers and surveyors in lieu of fees for construction of road improvements.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Flood Insurance Rate Maps - FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps proposed to be effective January 6, 2011.
The Land Development Division recommends the following links as they may prove useful to you.
- State Water Resource Control Board (SWRCB) Storm Water Home Page - This is the home page of the State Water Resource Control Board which is responsible for the State's administration of the Storm Water Management Programs.
- Butte Creek Watershed Conservancy - This site provides information about Watershed and Floodplain management within the Butte Creek Watershed area.
- Floodplain Management Plan Public Review Document - The public review draft document is now viewable (in PDF) on the Conservancy website by clicking on the "Floodplain Management Plan Public Review Document". Also, see the List of Maps and Documents.