Butte County Public Works
Related Interests & Publications
- SB1383 requires the removal of Mixed Organic Wastes from landfilling. For Butte County to meet these mandates a Mixed Organics Transload Facility is being proposed at the Neal Road Recycling and Waste Facility. The Negative Declaration and Notice of Intent can be found here and the Initial Study can be found here.
- CRV locations within Butte County - Chico Recycling Center will no longer be accepting cans and bottles for recycling and CRV redemption. Within Butte County cans and bottles can be recycled at these locations for CRV.
- WUI Green Waste Disposal - Free residential Green Waste Disposal for Butte County Residents living in the Wildland Urban Interface. For more information, please see the WUI Green Waste Disposal flyer for more information.
- Rock Creek Flood Study - More information on the floodwater project can be found on the Rock Creek Flood Study page.
- Are you registered to bid on Public Works with the Department of Industrial Relations?
If not, you will no longer be allowed to be listed on a bid if you are not registered. Get registered with the Department of Industrial Relations by visiting the Department of Industrial Relations Website.
- Forest Advisory Committee (FAC) - Butte County’s General Plan 2030 addresses Butte County’s commitment to the protection, enhancement, utilization, and management of natural resources; the importance of agricultural enterprises, and the need for parks and recreation opportunities. The Board of Supervisors established the Forest Advisory Committee (FAC) to facilitate public involvement and assist the County in its quest to meet these guiding principles of the Butte General Plan 2030 as it pertains to the use of public lands.
- Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Trail Maintenance Page - Annual Public Works OHV grant information.
Frequently Visited Pages
- Permits - Encroachment, Utility, Transportation, Grading Permits, and Schedule an inspection.
- Projects - Do business with Public Works. Projects for bid, Requests for Proposals and Quotes, etc.
- Road Conditions - Road conditions, delays, and restrictions. View the Snow Removal Policy in Butte County.
- Waste Collection Areas - The County is divided into three collection areas with one hauler exclusively serving each area.
- Report Issues - Report issues such as Potholes, Signs, Illegal Dumping, and more online.
- Downloads - Common forms, applications, resources, etc.