Welcome to the Butte County Public Health COVID-19 information site.
To access COVID-19 information in Spanish or Hmong, please visit the California for All COVID-19 website:
As of January 5, 2024, CDPH has archived county-level COVID-19 data. These historical data will continue to be displayed on the Butte County Public Health Dashboard, however will no longer be updated. The following resources continue to remain accessible to monitor COVID-19 activity:
- For combined COVID-19 and Influenza state-level seasonal respiratory virus data, please see the CDPH Respiratory Viruses Data Dashboard.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also provides COVID-19 Hospitalization data at the county level on their COVID Data Tracker and on the COVID-19 County Check lookup tool.
NEW! Butte County COVID-19 Data from March 2020-February 2023.
Click the image to view larger:
View Local and State Orders and Mandates:
Face Covering Guidelines & Recommendations
In California, masks are no longer required to be worn but are strongly recommended for the following reasons and settings:
- High-risk settings where vulnerable individuals live or are cared for (hospitals, nursing homes, prisons).
- Public transportation and air travel.
- Public indoor settings that are crowded.
- Unvaccinated persons.
- Persons at-risk for severe disease (elderly, underlying medical conditions).
- Persons with decreased immunity.
- Persons with known significant exposure to COVID-19.
COVID-19 Information Lines
- California COVID-19 Hotline at 833-422-4255 (833-4CA-4ALL)
- Butte County residents can dial 2-1-1 (24 / 7) or text their zip code to 898211 for information and updates. The text line is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 6 pm
- For Medi-Cal recipients or persons who are uninsured
- Free Medi-Nurse Call Line Launches for COVID-19
- For questions, call 877-409-9052
Did You Test Positive for Covid-19?
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, self-isolate at home and follow the CDPH Guidance on Isolation and Quarantine for COVID-19.
Business Guidance & Outbreak Reporting
Please visit the Butte County COVID-19 Business & Schools Resource page to access workplace guidance for employee / worker exposure, return to work information, and outbreak reporting.