The Butte County Library provides conference rooms in the Chico, Gridley, Oroville and Paradise branch libraries. These rooms may be used by members of the community for the presentation and exchange of information. For more information and to book your room click here.
Fill out your application before you can book a room: download application here (PDF). If you submitted an application on file prior to June 20, 2022, you will need to submit a new application. Please ensure that everyone who may pick up meeting room key on behalf of your organization is listed on your application. Entities/organization without a signed agreement cannot use the meeting room.
Meeting Room Capacities
- Chico - Room Capacity 197 standing
- Gridley - Room Capacity 49 standing
- Oroville - Room Capacity 44 standing
- Paradise - Room Capacity 49 standing
Butte County Library Departmental Conference Room Policy
As an expression of the Library's mission to connect people with information, ideas, and experiences, the Butte County Library provides conference rooms in the Chico, Gridley, Oroville and Paradise branch libraries. These rooms may be used by members of the community for the presentation and exchange of information.
The Library makes these rooms available on equal terms to all persons and groups, regardless of opinion or affiliation. By making a conference room available as a forum, the Library does NOT sponsor or endorse the views of any group using the room, nor does it provide any supervision. These rooms are available to groups of at least five (5) people.
- Conference rooms are primarily designed for Butte County Library and library support organizations' programs and use. When not in use by the Library or Friends of the Library groups, public agencies and other organizations, cultural, educational or civic groups are welcome to apply for use.
- The Library may cancel confirmed reservations to accommodate Butte County Library sponsored activities. Library staff will notify conference room users in the event of cancellation.
- The Library reserves the right to review each prospective use and determine whether or not that use falls within this Butte County Library Conference Room Policy. Use of the premises may be terminated at any time if the conduct of the group, or any member of the group, is disruptive to Library service or abusive or dangerous to the building, Library materials, exhibits, furnishings or individuals in the building.
- Organizations may reserve no more than 6 times in a six-month period (January-June; July-December). A series must be completed before additional meetings may be scheduled. Rare exceptions may be granted by the Library Director or designee on a case-by-case basis. Groups may not evade the six-use limit by changing the group name or by having several different individuals making reservations. Any violations will result in a possible suspension by the Library Director.
- Organizations are allowed to book a timeslot with a maximum of 4 hours, per day.
- Reservations must be for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Meeting room usage times are 8am-9pm
- Use will be disallowed if application is not on file at the library.
The following must be observed:
- Meetings must be open to the public and no admission charged.
- For-profit groups may rent the room for $54/hour
- Reservations for the room should be made at least seven (7) days in advance.
- Keys will not be given if there is no application and use agreement on file with the library.
- Keys to the rooms must be picked up in advance; staff is not available to open the door when the Library is closed. Library hours are posted here.
- Keys must be returned promptly to the Reference desk or placed in an envelope and deposited in the book drop after hours.
- Must have library card to check out key for meeting room use outside of library hours.
No group may use the name of the Butte County Library in their publicity, except as part of the address, unless the Library agrees in writing to co-sponsor the event/meeting.
All fire and safety rules must be followed:
- Smoking is not permitted under any circumstances.
- The posted capacity of the room must be observed.
- Aisles to exit doors must be kept clear.
- Electrical equipment should be checked for safety.
- Keep cords out of footpaths.
- The user bears full responsibility for any loss or damage to materials they bring into the Library; County insurance and/or financial resources do not cover exhibits or materials brought into the Library.
- County has the discretion to require use to obtain insurance, depending upon proposed use of the conference rooms.
- County is not responsible for items left in the conference room.
- Materials may be displayed only on areas provided for that purpose or easels.
- Users should be careful not to mar the walls with nails, glue or other substances.
- Light refreshments may be served in those rooms where kitchen facilities are provided. Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- No janitorial service for moving materials or arranging furniture is provided. Users should set up and replace tables and chairs. Users are responsible for leaving the room in a clean condition. Users are responsible for damage to the room or County property in the room.
Please contact individual branches for questions regarding specific reservations. Direct any of your questions about this policy to the County Library Administration at [email protected]ttecounty.net or 530.552.5652 opt 4.