Dog Licensing & Application

Licenses are vital in helping us reunite you with your lost pet, and they make it easy to keep track of rabies vaccinations. Learn more about the importance of pet ID tags, microchips, licensing, and collars (PDF).

All Dogs four months of age or older must be licensed in Butte County. Licensing is required by County Code and State Law. Licensing indicates your dog is vaccinated for rabies and it also helps Animal Control get the dog back to you should it get lost.

If You Love Them, License Them

Three Easy Ways to License Your Dog

To license your dog via mail or in person, print and complete the Dog License Application (PDF). Return the application with a check or money order made out to BCAC to:

202 Mira Loma Drive
Oroville, CA 95965

You will need to include a current copy of your rabies certificate, which must be good for a minimum of six months. If this is a first-time license, we will also need a copy of your dog's sterilization certificate or your rabies certificate must show the dog's sterilization status.

License Fees for Spayed or Neutered Dogs

Up to 1 Year$26
1 to 2 Year$36
2 to 3 Year$46

License Fee for Unaltered Dogs

Up to 1 Year
1 to 2 Year
2 to 3 Year

Related Documents