- Departments D to L
- Literacy Services
- Career Online High School
Career Online High School
Butte County Library's Career Online High School (COHS) offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and a career certificate. You can advance in your career or take the next step in your education once you graduate. The Library supports you from enrollment to graduation so that you can achieve your goals.
Career Online High School is made possible with support from the California State Library.
The Library is offering a limited number of free scholarships to qualified adults. Learn more about the program, process and courses.
To be considered for the COHS program, applicants must:
- Be 18 or older
- Be willing to spend at least 10 hours a week on coursework
- Be comfortable reading, writing, and speaking in English
- Be comfortable using technology
- Have a library card in good standing
Ready to Get Started?
- Step 1: Read the Frequently Asked Questions About Career Online High School
- Step 2: Then take the Online Survey to see if Career Online High School is a good match for you
- Step 3: The Butte County Library will contact all eligible applicants (within one week) to do a phone screening. Prospective students will then enroll in a one-semester prerequisite career course. Check your email for instructions. After you enroll, you must complete the prerequisite course within 14 days and keep track of your hours
- Step 4: Once you successfully complete the prerequisite course, the Library will contact you to schedule a personal interview
- Step 5: Successfully complete probation period within 30 days in order to keep your scholarship. After completing probation, all students must complete at least 2 semesters every month until they have completed all 36 semesters required for graduation
Interviews and scholarships will be offered on a first-come, first-qualified basis. Enrollment is limited and demand is high. You may be placed on a wait list until additional scholarships become available.
For more information and questions, email the Butte Library COHS.