Book Club Groups
More information can be found on our Program Calendar.
- Chico Sci-Fi and Fantasy Book Club - meets on the 2nd Saturday of the month. Sign up!
- Chico Library Book Club - meets every 4th Thursday of the month. Sign up by completing the Chico Book Club Form.
- Oroville AM Thinking Readers - meet the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 10 am at the Oroville Branch. Book selections are posted each month inside the Oroville Branch at the hold shelf.
- Oroville PM Thinking Readers - meet the 1st Tuesday of the month at 7 pm at the Oroville Branch. They select from both fiction and non-fiction. Book selections are posted each month inside the Oroville Branch at the hold shelf.
- Durham Book Club - meets the 3rd Monday of the month at 11 am at the Durham Branch
- Gridley Book Club - meets the 1st Monday of the month at 1:30 pm at the Gridley Branch. Share the enjoyment of reading; rekindle friendships, make new friends and have a connection with the library. Members of the book club choose title for the month.
- Adult Virtual Book Club - join us on Zoom for good books and good company! We meet on the 4th Thursday of the month at 3 pm on Zoom. Call us to sign up!
Book Club in a Box
The Butte County Library would like to help support local book clubs with their reading material:
- Book Club in a Box: The library has boxed sets of books with discussion questions available for community book clubs to borrow. Multiple copies of titles read by the library book clubs are available. Multiple copies of titles located in branch collections may be requested for a club. For more information or to request a boxed set, email Book Club in a Box
- The community's Book in Common for 2022 to 2023 is "The Best We Could Do", by Thi Bui. Learn more about the Book in Common and upcoming events at CA State University, Chico's website
- Nancy Pearl's Book Lust is available to assist clubs with their reading selections.