News and Updates
Meet Butte County Library's New Mascot
Nearly 3,000 votes were cast in Butte County Library's mascot election and you picked the fox!
The Palace Project
Tired of searching multiple eBook apps for the title you want?
Download Palace and search all the library’s collections in one app. Search, browse, download and read, across all the library collections, all in one seamless experience. Learn more!
Access to Technology (ATT) provides interactive lessons aimed towards increasing technological literacy for adults 60+ years of age, and for adults with disabilities.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten is a free program for children that encourages parents and caregivers to read one thousand books to their child before the child enters kindergarten.
Butte County Library’s Career Online High School (COHS) offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and a career certificate. You can advance in your career or take the next step in your education once you graduate. The Library supports you from enrollment to graduation so that you can achieve your goals.
- 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month, 8:30-11:30 at Oroville Branch Library, 1820 Mitchell Ave
- 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month, 8:30-11:30 at the Chico Branch Library, 1108 Sherman Ave
All library branches will be closed Saturday, December 23, 2023, for Christmas and December 30 for New Year's Day. Library Administration and Literacy Services will be closed December 25, and January 1.
A full list of holiday closures is available on our Locations, Hours and Contact Page.
Library Speakers Consortium
Butte County Library is now a member of the Library Speakers Consortium!
The Consortium creates 2-3 online bestselling-author events per month which are streamed to patrons of every member library. These are live events with interactive Q&A sessions where participants can ask questions directly to the author.
Books and authors selected cover a wide range of fiction and non-fiction genres including historical fiction, contemporary fiction, romance, OwnVoices, poetry, business, personal growth, social justice, history, art, culture and more.
Homework Help and Tutoring
All California residents now have access to Brainfuse HelpNow free online tutoring.
HelpNow's features include:
- Homework Help: Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- Skills-Building: Choose your topic to receive real-time help.
- Personalized eLearning Tools: My File Sharing, My Session Replay, My Tutoring Archive, My Tests Archive, and more!
- 24-Hour Writing Lab: Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Homework Send Question: Submit homework questions for expert guidance.
- Adult Learning Center: Access a library of rich adult learning content (GED) and live, professional assistance in resume/cover letter writing, U.S. citizenship prep, MS Office Essential Skills Series, and more!
- Foreign Language Lab/Spanish-Speaking Support
- Library Services: 530-552-5652
- Library Hours: 530-552-5652 Option 1
- Customer Service: 530.552.5652 Option 2
Customer Service Phone Hours:
New Phone Hours (Starting Jan. 3, 2023)
- Library Services: [email protected]
- County Library Administration: [email protected]
- Literacy Services: [email protected]