News and Updates
Access to Technology (ATT) provides interactive lessons aimed towards increasing technological literacy for adults 60+ years of age, and for adults with disabilities.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten is a free program for children that encourages parents and caregivers to read one thousand books to their child before the child enters kindergarten.
Teens Learn and Create (TLC) is designed for teens to create and implement MakerSpace programs, in the library, using their social and emotional skills.
Butte County Public Health will be having a mobile clinic and outreach at a few of our branches this spring. They will be offering COVID resources, updates, and general information.
- Chico – Tuesday, March 23, 2:00-4:00 (Public Health Mobile Clinic & Outreach)
- Paradise: Tuesday, April 11, 2:00-4:00 (Public Health Outreach)
- Gridley: April 18, 2:00-4:00 (Public Health Outreach)
All locations will be closed Friday, March 31, 2023, for Cesar Chavez's Birthday. Normal hours will resume Saturday, April 1.
A full list of holiday closures are available on our Locations, Hours and Contact Page.
Library Speakers Consortium
Butte County Library is now a member of the Library Speakers Consortium!
The Consortium creates 2-3 online bestselling-author events per month which are streamed to patrons of every member library. These are live events with interactive Q&A sessions where participants can ask questions directly to the author.
Books and authors selected cover a wide range of fiction and non-fiction genres including historical fiction, contemporary fiction, romance, OwnVoices, poetry, business, personal growth, social justice, history, art, culture and more.
See the upcoming Authors and Events
Career Online High School
Butte County Library’s Career Online High School (COHS) offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and a career certificate. You can advance in your career or take the next step in your education once you graduate. The Library supports you from enrollment to graduation so that you can achieve your goals.
The Library is offering a limited number of free scholarships to qualified adults. Learn more about the program, process and courses.
Homework Help and Tutoring
All California residents now have access to Brainfuse HelpNow free online tutoring.
HelpNow's features include:
- Homework Help: Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- Skills-Building: Choose your topic to receive real-time help.
- Personalized eLearning Tools: My File Sharing, My Session Replay, My Tutoring Archive, My Tests Archive, and more!
- 24-Hour Writing Lab: Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Homework Send Question: Submit homework questions for expert guidance.
- Adult Learning Center: Access a library of rich adult learning content (GED) and live, professional assistance in resume/cover letter writing, U.S. citizenship prep, MS Office Essential Skills Series, and more!
- Foreign Language Lab/Spanish-Speaking Support
Get started with your learning!
|Teens Learn and Create (TLC) is designed for teens to create and implement MakerSpace programs, in the library, using their social and emotional skill|
Overwhelmed by the large selection of learning opportunities? Want an easier way to find what you need?
All eLearning. All together. All one place.
Bendable is a free collection of online learning resources. Butte County Library users of all ages can use Bendable to acquire new knowledge and skills through online courses, in-person events, and other learning resources.
- Library Services: 530-552-5652
- Library Hours: 530-552-5652 Option 1
- Customer Service: 530.552.5652 Option 2
Customer Service Phone Hours:
New Phone Hours (Starting Jan. 3, 2023)
- County Library Administration: 530.552.5652 option 4
- Literacy Services: 530.552.5652 option 3
- Library Services: [email protected]
- County Library Administration: [email protected]
- Literacy Services: [email protected]
Submit Comments or Support Requests:
- Submit a Comment to County Library Administration.
- eBook Request: [email protected]
- Submit an E-Resources Support Ticket.