Returning Vendors

Returning vendors - all documents are required

Returning Paperwork

  • Vehicle Registration
  • Insurance documents listing the State of California as additionally insured (major medical, motor vehicle liability, cargo, worker’s compensation insurance).
  • DOT Inspection (Any vehicle over 26001 GVWR)
  • Fire Line Safety Card page

Adding Equipment

  • CAL FIRE - 291 (DOC) Faller, Bulldozer/Transport, and Water Tender Equipment Requirement Check List - Print 1 per piece of equipment and fill out the top only
  • CAL FIRE - 20 (DOC) Contractor’s Certification Clauses for Services Up to $4,999,999 (Sample CAL FIRE-20 (PDF))
  • Proof of ownership (i.e., title, property tax listing item, long-term lease documents, corporation documents, stock ledgers.)
  • Equipment Specs for HP Website (For any heavy equipment please print out the specification sheet and bring it with you for pre-inspection)
  • Pre-Rental Equipment Information Butte Unit (DOC) - Print 1 per piece of equipment and fill out all areas
  • Current Legal Weight Certificate for water tenders per California Vehicle Code

Please refer to the Hot Topics page for answers to commonly asked questions.