"Build a reputation of integrity, pride, professionalism and reliability. We strive for a safe and open work environment; and through effective planning, reduce risk, control cost and provide quality services for all County departments."
General Services provides internal support to departments in County Government including:
- Purchasing and Contracts Management
- New Construction and Project Planning
- Property Acquisition, Disposition and Lease Management
- Facilities and Grounds Maintenance, Repairs and Alterations
- Surplus Personal Property Management
Doing Business with Butte County
Butte County is a significant partner with the business community. Our goal is to foster a fair and competitive environment for business to thrive in and around Butte County.
Butte County is partnering with The Public Group to publish County Solicitations. Register on the Public Purchase website to receive Butte County's solicitations. If you are already registered, visit the Public Purchase login page.
- View Competitive Solicitations
- Download Presentation About Public Purchase (PDF)
- Download the Butte County Center-Led Contracting/Procurement Policies and Procedures Manual (PDF)
Notice Regarding New Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) Contractor Registration Requirements
The State of California Senate Bill 854 (Stat. 2014, chapter 28) made several changes to the state laws that govern how the Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) monitors compliance with prevailing wage requirements on public works projects. Some of these changes to state requirements went into effect immediately, but others will be phased in over the next several months including:
- All contractors and subcontractors who bid and/or work on a public works project must register and pay an annual fee to DIR
- Once the registration requirement becomes mandatory (March 1, 2015 for bids and April 1, 2015 for work) an awarding body may not accept a bid or enter into a contract for public work with an unregistered contractor
- Effective April 1, 2015, all contractors and subcontractors must furnish electronic payroll records for new projects to the Labor Commissioner
The County of Butte is considered an awarding body under the state regulations therefore all contractors planning to bid or work on public works projects offered by the County are required to comply with SB 854 registration requirements set forth by the State.
This notice is intended to offer general information only. If you have questions about registering with the DIR or would like more information about SB 854 and its regulations please visit the DIR website.