Parent & Guardian Information & Resources
If, during the course of a Children Services investigation or Juvenile Dependency Court hearings, the court determines that your child must be placed in out-of-home care, there are resources available to help reunite you with your children. Your social worker will help you develop a case plan with clear goals, a visitation schedule, and other steps you must take for the court to determine that your child can safely live with you. Families often some into contact with the Children Services Division because they need help.
It is extremely important to follow the case plan that you developed with your social worker, comply with all court orders, follow the advice of your attorney, participate in all of the programs and services as directed by your case plan, and to report your progress to your social worker and attorney.
As part of your services, your social worker will provide you with a Parent Binder. You may also find the Parent Binder in the Documents section of this page. This document contains a clickable Table of Contents for quick search.
Child & Family Team Process
A Child and Family Team (CFT) is a team of people who work together with the family to achieve goals for positive change and improving child safety, permanency and well-being. Child and Family Team Meetings are meetings that are held for families, their support people, services providers, and Children's Services Division staff. The purpose of the CFT Meeting is to identify case planning and safety goals and services, strengths and protective capacity of parents so that they are able to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children of their children.
If you are a member of a Child and Family Team (CFT) and would like to request a Child and Family Team Meeting (CFTM), please use the CFTM Request Form (PDF). Please complete the CFTM Form in its entirety and click the submit button.
Parent Binder / Information Folder Quick Links
- A Parent's Guide to the Child Welfare System (PDF)
- Chico Court House Flyer (PDF)
- Family History Inventory (PDF)
- Indian Ancestry Questionnaire (PDF)
- Indian Ancestry Questionnaire Cover Letter (PDF)
- Parent-Guardian Income Information (PDF)
- Primary Language Designation Form (PDF)
- Publication 13 - Your Rights Under California Welfare Programs - English (PDF)
- Publication 13 - Your Rights Under California Welfare Programs - Hmong (PDF)
- Publication 13 - Your Rights Under California Welfare Programs - Spanish (PDF)
- Questionnaire for Potential Relative Caregivers (PDF)
- Speed Letter (PDF)
- Statement to the Juvenile Court (PDF)
- The Dependency Court: How it Works (PDF)
- What Happens if Your Child Is Taken From Your Home (PDF)
- Your Rights Under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act - Spanish (PDF)
- Your Rights Under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act - English (PDF)
- Your Rights Under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act - Hmong (PDF)