- Departments D to L
- Employment & Social Services
- Adult Services
- In-Home Support Services (IHSS)
In-Home Support Services (IHSS)
The IHSS program provides physical support to eligible aged, blind or disabled adults and children who would not otherwise be able to safely remain in their homes. If you or someone you know would like to apply or learn more about this program, call 530-552-6161.
Visit the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) website for further information on this program.
IHSS Electronic Timesheet
As of September 2020, Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) and the Electronic Timesheet System (ETS) will be mandatory for all counties in California. Registering early will allow for providers and recipients to work out any issues they may have accessing the Electronic Services Portal. Benefits of enrolling now include:
- Complete and submit electronic timesheets
- View your payment status and history
- Sign-up for and make changes to your direct deposit
- Submit sick leave claims
- Faster processing of your timesheet
To log on and register go to the CA IHSS Electronic Timesheets website or call 530-552-6161.
Registration information for the "EVV Registration Overview for IHSS/WPCS Recipients and Providers" webinar:
- The current webinar schedule is available at the CDSS website
- In the section entitled, "Important Program Information" click on EVV Registration for IHSS/WPCS Recipients and Providers Webinar Schedule
Registration is required for recipients and providers who wish to attend a webinar. Recipients and providers may attend more than one session.
IHSS Federal Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
There are new overtime rules for IHSS under the Federal Labor Standards Act (FLSA) which became effective on February 1, 2016. The new law states that providers must receive overtime when they work more than 40 hours in a workweek.
The "workweek" begins at midnight on Sunday and ends at 11:59 pm the following Saturday. There are some limits on how much overtime can be worked:
- In a one Provider/one Recipient Relationship, the Provider can work up to 70 hours and 45 minutes per week
- Providers with multiple consumers can work up to 66 hours a week
In some cases exemptions for Live-In family Care Providers or Extraordinary Circumstances may apply:
- IHSS providers may get paid for wait time at medical appointments
- IHSS providers will get paid for up to 7 hours a week travel time between recipients' homes when traveling directly from one Recipient's home to another Recipient's home to provide IHSS services
Refer to the CDSS website for more detailed information regarding FLSA.
IHSS Exemption Approval Process
- Call: 916-551-1011
- Answered Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4 pm
- Any messages left will be returned if a name and phone number are provided
744 P Street
Mail Stop 9-9-04
Sacramento, CA 95814
- Email CDSS
If you are interested in learning more about FLSA, you are welcome to attend Butte County's IHSS FLSA Provider/Recipient training. Please call our toll free phone number for an appointment: 855-398-8899, select option Number 1.