Butte County School Districts
Butte County has 14 school districts with 91 public schools and 18 charter schools. The average class size is 22.7 students, which is lower than the statewide average of 25.4 students. See a Full Profile of Butte County Schools on the Ed-Data website.
- Bangor Union Elementary
- Biggs Unified
- Chico Unified
- Durham Unified
- Feather Falls Union Elementary
- Golden Feather Union
- Gridley Unified
- Manzanita Elementary
- Oroville City Elementary
- Oroville Union High School
- Palermo Union
- Paradise Unified
- Pioneer Union Elementary
- Thermalito Union Elementary
Higher Education & Vocational Training
Chico State has 7 colleges, 5 schools and 27 centers/institutes with 16,647 full time students. The gorgeous Chico State campus is an anchor in downtown Chico sitting on 119 acres. Chico State also has an 800 acre University Farm, a 3,950 acre Big Chico Creek Ecological Reserve, and a 300 acre Butte Creek Ecological Reserve. See a Full Profile of Chico State, online.
- Chico State was ranked as one of the top schools for "Accredited Online Bachelor's Degree Programs" by BestColleges.com in 2016
- Chico State ranked 5th among Master's level public universities in the western United States in the 2013 edition of "America's Best Colleges" from U.S. News and World Report
- For the 6th consecutive year, the Princeton Review included Chico State in its listing of "Best Business Schools" in 2013
- Chico State was named to the Princeton Review's 2014 "Green Honor Roll" receiving the highest possible score
Butte College is a fully accredited two-year community college with over 13,000 students enrolled, offering over 100 career programs and certificates, as well as workforce training, to the residents of Butte and Glenn Counties. The Butte College campus is a beautiful 928 acres and is the largest community college campus in California. Butte College is a national leader in sustainability.