Patients' Rights

View All

Contacting Your Advocate

It is always best for the person who has the complaint to contact the Patients’ Rights Advocate. However, a mental health professional, with your permission may contact the Patients’ Rights Advocate. Also, an authorized representative may contact the Patients’ Rights Advocate with concerns and questions regarding treatment and/or rights violations. The Patient’s Rights Advocate will confirm that authorized representative and or provider have permission to act on the client’s behalf.

The Advocate will make every reasonable effort to speak with the client over the phone or in person at a time that is agreeable to both persons. The advocate will review the complaint as received and may ask for additional information so as to better resolve the complaint. The advocate will always fully inform clients of their options regarding any complaint and will not act unless she or he is given permission by the client.

Patient Right’s Advocate
1196 East Lassen Avenue
Suite 130
Chico, CA 95973
Phone: 530-343-1731
Phone: 800-497-1445
Se habla Español

For grievances related to Substance Use Disorder Services:

Ombudsman Information

Butte County has contracted with Passages for all Ombudsman services. You can contact them and find more information on their website.

Forms & Posters

View commonly used forms and posters relating to Patients' Rights, in alphabetical order on the Forms & Posters page.