- Departments M to Z
- Public Health
- Diseases and Conditions
- Report a Disease / Outbreak
Report a Disease / Outbreak
The health department works strategically to prevent and respond to disease outbreaks. Healthcare providers and laboratories are required by California State Law to report specific communicable diseases to the local public health department to aid in the monitoring of disease trends and outbreaks. Some diseases must be reported immediately or within one working day. All others must be reported within 7 calendar days. For a complete list of reportable diseases and the reporting timeline requirements see the Confidential Morbidity Report (CMR) below.
Report a Communicable Disease
Submit the completed CMR via fax to Oroville at 530-538-5387 or Chico at 530-879-3309. For questions about reporting, or for a disease that must be reported immediately, during regular business hours (Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm excluding holidays) call 530-552-3929. For immediate reports after hours, please contact our exchange at 530-332-2462.
- Confidential Morbidity Report (PDF)
- Confidential Morbidity Report for COVID-19 (PDF)
- Confidential Morbidity Report for DMV (PDF)
- Confidential Morbidity Report for Tuberculosis (PDF)
- Managing a Communicable Disease in Schools: A Guide for Butte County (PDF)
- Title 17 California Code of Regulations: Reportable Diseases and Conditions (PDF)
Report an Outbreak
Submit suspected or confirmed outbreaks of any diseases, including diseases not listed in Title 17, California Code of Regulations (CCR) 2500, to the outbreak reporting email at [email protected]. This email is not intended for reporting by the general public or for non-outbreak related cases. For reporting individual (non-outbreak) cases, follow the “Report a Communicable Disease” instructions above.
- Acute Gastrointestinal Illness Outbreak Case Log (XLS)
- Acute Respiratory Outbreak Case Log (XLS)
- School Outbreak Case Log (XLS)
To edit spreadsheets, please download file to your desktop.
Report an HIV or AIDS Case
Submit the completed ACFR (Adult HIV / AIDS Case Report Form) via fax to Oroville: at 530-538-5837. For questions about reporting, please call during regular business hours (Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm excluding holidays) at 530-552-3929. For IMMEDIATE reports after hours, please contact our exchange at 530-332-2462.