Download applications for Encroachment, Utility, and Transportation Permits, Schedule an inspection.
Looking for ways to do business with Public Works? Projects for bid, Request for Proposals/Quotes, etc.
Check out road closures for the latest status on road conditions, closures, and restrictions. View Snow Removal Policy in Butte County.
Report Issues online to Public Works (i.e. road and bridge related issues, illegal dumping, etc.)
The County is now divided into three collection areas with one hauler exclusively serving each area. You will get a new hauler only if the hauler designated for your area is different than your current service provider.
So, what do I do?
Very little. If you get a new hauler, they will contact you about any change in your pick-up day. Your new hauler will drop off new carts and take your old ones at some point in the next six months. Your new hauler will continue to collect your waste and recycling regardless of the carts your have until they are able to switch them out for new carts. Find your hauler by searching the map.
9/10/2015 - Land Development fee revised - See downloads page for updated Land Development fee schedule.
8/2015 - PG&E has issued information about the Community Pipeline Safety Initiative and the plan to remove trees in Butte County. Read the information issued by PG&E including a description of the initiative, questions and answers, and maps of project areas.
9/3/2015 - Updated Civil Engineers and Land Surveyors in Butte and surrounding counties - Download the latest version.
9/2/2015 - Signs Cost Sheet - Need to purchase a sign? An updated Signs Cost Sheet has been uploaded. See the Downloads page.
3/2/2015 - OHV Trail Maintenance - Starting 3/3/2015, the 2014-2015 Butte County OHV grant applications are available for public review. For more information, see OHV Trail Maintenance page.
Related Interests and Publications
- Are you registered to bid Public Works with the Department of Industrial Relations?
If not, you will no longer be allowed to be listed on a bid if you are not registered. Get registered with the Department of Industrial Relations at http://www.dir.ca.gov/Public-Works/PublicWorks.html.
- Forest Advisory Committee (FAC) - Butte County’s General Plan 2030 addresses Butte County’s commitment to protection, enhancement, utilization and management of natural resources; the importance of agricultural enterprises, and the need for parks and recreation opportunities. The Board of Supervisors established the Forest Advisory Committee (FAC) to facilitate public involvement and assist the County in its quest to meet these guiding principles of the Butte General Plan 2030 as it pertains to use of public lands.
- Butte Creek Bridge Replacement - The Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Redding Field Office is proposing to replace the single lane Butte Creek Bridge with a new bridge funded by BLM’s deferred maintenance program.
- OHV Trail Maintenance - Annual Public Works OHV grant information.
- Initial Study and Proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration for Neal Road Bike Lane Project - Butte County (County) and the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) propose to install Class II Bike Lanes and interim Share the Road Bike Routes along approximately 7.5 miles of Neal Road from Oro-Chico Hwy to Bayleaf Road, at the southwestern border of the Paradise town limits. The first phase of the project will receive federal funding as Federal Project No. RPSTLE-5912(090). Download and view documents for more details: