Public Works
Our Mission: To accomplish the maintenance of County  roads and bridges, the managing of the Land Development, Solid Waste and Fleet Services divisions as well as County Service Areas, County Surveyor, Storm Water Management, and Butte Meadows Recreation Grant Program in an honest, ethical, forthright and respectful manner in keeping with the goals of the Butte County Board of Supervisors and the laws and regulations governing these activities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Have a question you can't find an answer for?  Maybe someone else has already asked and the answer already available below. 

Still have a question?  Contact us.

Roads Questions

  How do I report a pothole or other road issue?

A:  You have three options:

  1. Use our Online Reporting Tool to Report Roadside Issues
  2. Email us:
  3. Call us 530.538.7681

  How do I report a street light outage that is within the County area?

A:  Report street light outages directly to PG&E: 

  When is my County-maintained gravel road going to be graded?

A:  Grading gravel roads requires significant moisture/rain.  When there is sufficient rain for grading to become effective, we will grade it. 

Land Questions

  Is my property in a Flood Zone?

A:  Visit our online interactive GIS Maps to locate your parcel and whether it’s in a Flood Zone.

Waste and Recycling Questions

  What does it cost to dump at the Neal Road Recycling & Waste Facility (Landfill)?

A:  Download the Butte County Master Fee schedule, and see section Public Works - Neal Road Recycling & Waste Facility.  The free Adobe Reader is required to view the PDF file.

  What items are banned from Landfills and where can I dispose them?

A:  Go to our Neal Road Recycling and Waste Facility Guidelines page for more details.

  How do I get my trees/brush chipped?

A:  Contact Butte Fire Safe Council:

Butte Fire Safe Council
Phone: 530.877.0984 

Permits Questions

  How do I request for an Encroachment Permit inspection?

A:  Use our Online Reporting Tool for Reporting Public Works Permit Inspections

Projects, RFPs, RFQs Questions

  How do I get on a bidder’s list for Public Works Department solicitations?

A: Go to and register (Free) with Public Purchase.  Next, register with “County of Butte – Public Works”.  During the signup process, make sure you include the categories that you want to be notified about.  When the County publishes the types of projects that fit your categories, you will be automatically notified by Email.  If you have questions, simply click the “Chat” button in the upper left corner of the Public Purchase Website. 


Master Plan sized      

Apply for Permits  Projects  Road Closure

Report Issues  GIS Maps  

 Contact Public Works

Butte County Public Works
Phone:    530.538.7681
Fax:        530.538.7171


Neal Road Recycling and Waste Facility

Phone:    530.345.4917
Fax:        530.645.1820


Looking for Sandbag Locations In Butte County?

 Locations and Hours

Butte County Public Works
7 County Center Dr.
Oroville, CA 95965

Regular hours 7:30am to 4:00pm.  Closed all holidays.

Neal Road Recycling and Waste Facility
1023 Neal Road
Paradise, CA 95969

Regular hours 7:00am to 4:00pm

Monday thru Sunday

New Year's Day, Easter, July 4th, Thanksgiving day, Christmas day: Closed

 Projects, RFPs, RFQs
Public Works

7 County Center Drive
Oroville, CA 95965

Joshua Pack, Director

Careers with Public Works