Welcome to the Butte County Department of Public Works, serving its residents since 1850. The Public Works Department maintains approximately 1,300 miles of roadways, including over 500 bridges and drainage structures and more than 18,000 road signs. We invite you to explore our website to learn more about Public Works' seven divisions and their responsibilities, programs, services and resources:
- Administration - Maintains business operations
- Engineering - Road Design, Bridges, Construction, Traffic
- Fleet Services - County vehicles and equipment maintenance
- Land Development - Property divisions, subdivision improvements, flood plain management, etc.
- Road Maintenance - Overall maintenance/repair of roads, bridges, signs, etc.
- Solid Waste - Neal Road Recycling and Waste Facility, illegal dumping, recycling, etc.
- Surveys - Field surveys, right of way mapping and acquisition, GPS surveys, etc.
Our goal is to provide you with the best customer service possible. If you are unable to find what you are looking for on our website, please contact us for a more personal service.