California Children's Services (CCS)
CCS is a statewide program that treats children with certain physical limitations and chronic health conditions or diseases. CCS can authorize and pay for specific medical services and equipment provided by CCS-approved specialists.
- CCS provides financial help and medical case management for children with special health care needs that are physically disabling or require medical, surgical or rehabilitative services.
- CCS may pay for or provide treatment such as doctor services, hospital or surgical care, lab or diagnostic tests, X-rays, orthopedic appliances, medical equipment, medications and orthodontics for severe dental conditions.
- Medical case management to help children get special care from approved doctors, hospitals, and/or clinics and referral to other agencies, including Public Health Nursing; Women, Infants and Children (WIC); Far Northern Regional Center; Rowell Family Empowerment; Supplemental Security Income (SSI); and Shriner's Hospital; etc.
- CCS can assist with transportation (gas vouchers, bus and taxi fares), lodging and meals to help a family obtain CCS authorized medical services outside Butte County.
- Medical Therapy Program (MTP), which can provide physical and/or occupational therapy and monthly medical clinics in medical therapy units. These units are located at Loma Vista and Sierra Del Oro Schools. These children must be medically eligible for these therapy services.
- Family-centered services, including information, education and support for families whose children qualify for CCS to help them cope with their child's special health care needs.
For additional information about this statewide program, visit the California Children's Services Website
Pediatric Physical Therapist Position Now Available!
The Butte County Office of California Children's Services is located at:
2491 Carmichael Drive, Suite 400
Chico, CA 95928
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
Map with location of the Butte County CCS Office
Related agencies and services that benefit CCS families:
Early Start: 1-800-515-BABY
Far Northern Regional Center: (530) 895-8633
Help Central A searchable directory of health and human services in Butte County
Social Security Online The Official Website of the U.S. Social Security Administration: 1-800-772-1213
The Genetically Handicapped Persons Program: 1-800-639-0597
Rowell Family Empowerment: (530)889-8801 or 1-888-263-1311
Butte County Special Education Local Plan Areas (SELPA): (530) 538-7466
Family Voices of California: (415) 282-7494
Shriner’s Hospitals for Children - Northern California: (916) 453-2000