Medical Waste is any biohazardous waste, pathology, pharmaceutical or trace chemotherapy waste not regulated by the federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA). Biohazards can include waste contaminated by fluid blood, body fluids that may potentially contain infectious agents, pharmaceuticals, and sharps. Medical waste is regulated under the Medical Waste Management Act. In Butte County, the California Department of Public Health implements the medical waste program. Butte County has a sharps collection program and collection kiosks stationed at several county sites.
Here you can find links to:
• Medical Waste Information Bulletin & Disposal Guide
• Medical Waste Service Providers
• Medical Waste Service Providers- Pharmaceuticals
• Public Health Sharps Kiosks Locations
• Trauma Scene Waste Management Practitioners
• Cal Recycle Trauma Scene Waste Management Website