There are so many great reasons to ride your bike, walk or run: It offers fun, freedom and exercise, and it's good for the environment. We want kids and families to be active. Here are a few tips so that you and your family can be safe while being active.
- Wear a Helmet
- Ride on the right side of traffic (with traffic not against it)
- Make eye contact with drivers
- Riding at dusk or dawn make sure you have lights or bright colored clothing
- Look left, right and left again before crossing the street
- Walk/Run on sidewalks or paths and always cross at the corner
- If no sidewalk, walk facing traffic and be as far left as possible
- Put phone and headphones down when crossing the street
For additional information visit our brochure on Bike Safety for Kids.