An Economic Development Assistance Committee (EDAC) has been created for new and existing businesses to discuss plans to develop new business, or to expand or retain their existing operations in Butte County, with all County departments at one time. Discussions often include preliminary information on a potential site’s suitability, determine whether existing zoning would permit the use on the proposed site, and clarify the requirements/improvements which would be necessary in order to start or expand a business.
For additional details on how prospective and current businesses are scheduled for these discussions and meetings, please contact:
The following departments and their representatives are regularly involved in EDAC meetings:
- Administration - Economic & Community Development – Jennifer Macarthy, Manager
- Development Services
- Building – Nancy Springer, Division Manager
- Planning – Chuck Thistlethwaite, Division Manager
- Public Works - Land Development – Tom Fossom, Division Manager
- Public Health - Environmental Health – Kristin McKillop, Program Development Manager
- Butte County Fire - Fire Prevention - Matt Damon, Deputy Fire Marshal
Other County departments and service providers are available to participate as needed.
Applicants with job-generating development proposals are referred by staff to the EDAC process on a case-by-case basis. Any of the departments involved can request an EDAC meeting. Meetings are available every Wednesday from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. This site will be updated as necessary regarding EDAC information and opportunities in order to keep the public up-to-date.