Download Electronic Materials
Can't make it into the library? Butte County Library offers the following services to get electronic materials any time of day.
- Axis 360 has new release popular fiction and non-fiction eBook downloads for patrons computers, tablets or smartphones.
- OneClickDigital service allows Butte County Library patrons to download audiobooks or e-books and use on their computers, tablets or smartphones any time day or night.
- Butte County Library has partnered with Zinio, the world's largest newsstand to offer full color, interactive digital magazines. Browse Butte County Library's collection of popular magazine titles with no holds, no checkout periods and no time limit on the number of magazines you can download!
Need help getting started? Checkout our help guides for information on services and devices.
Can't find an audiobook or eBook to download or have a suggestion? Email us at EBookRequest@ButteCounty.net.
Access to the subscription databases is provided by Butte County Library and the NorthNet Library System.
- CalCat, the California Libraries Catalog allows you to search hundreds of California libraries. If Butte County Library doesn't own the item you're looking for, you can request it through our Interlibrary Loan ( ILL) service. You can submit your ILL request online through CalCat by searching for the title you want, then clicking the "Borrow this item from another library" link. Search when you are in the Library or with your library card number and PIN search at home, work or school.
- Career Transitions offers job search tips and advice. Write a resume or prepare for job interviews with an interview simulation. Discover a new career by assessing career interests or matching previous work experience.
- ChiltonLibrary includes authoritative automotive repair information for car owners, with thousands of year, make and model combinations covering the most popular vehicles of the past 30 years, plus additional coverage of specialty models.
- Fashion, Costume and Culture
provides a broad overview of costume traditions of diverse cultures from prehistoric times to the present day.
- Gale Reference Library is an internationally-renowned reference for researchers and students. Includes information about Colleges & Scholarships, an Encyclopedia of Everyday Law, Health & Medicine and Environment & Science.
- Gale Biography in Context access 600,000+ biographical entries — on more than 528,000 individuals.
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints in Context covers some of today's hottest topics. Research, analyze and organize a broad variety of data for conducting research, completing writing assignments, preparing for debates, or creating presentations.
- InfoTrac - Reference Center Gold General Reference
provides full-text articles and images from magazines and newspapers, including the latest current events, popular culture, business and industry coverage, the arts, sciences, sports, hobbies, etc. Also includes Student Edition, Junior Edition K12, and Kids InfoBits.
- InfoTrac PowerPak collections enables users to access an entire collection of articles on a specific topic. Collections include Agriculture, Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts, Gardening, Home Improvement, Small Business, World History, and more.
- JobScout is a free online learning platform that will help improve your basic Internet skills.
- NoveList is a fiction database that provides subject access, reviews, annotations, and more for over 135,000 fiction titles, as well as Author Read-alikes and Book Discussion Guides.
- Testing & Education Reference Center:
Taking a college entrance or licensing exam? Looking for a college or graduate school? Need help finding scholarships? Use this database to search thousands of college and graduate school entries. Identify scholarships that meet their financial needs. Take on-line practice tests and use test prep eBooks to obtain your education goals.
- TumbleBooks is a collection of animated talking picture books which you can read or have read to you. Includes fiction and non-fiction kids books. Also has puzzles and games related to the books.
- West's Encyclopedia of American Law is a comprehensive overview of American law, covering historical and current terms, concepts, events, movements, cases, and persons significant to U.S.law.
In-Library Access to American Physical Society Journals
American Physical Society Journal Home
Physical Review Letters - brief important papers all topics in Physics
Physical Review A - atomic, molecular, and optical Phyiscs
Physical Review B - condensed matter and material phyiscs
Physical Review C - nuclear physics
Physical Review D - particles, fields, gravitation and cosmology
Physical Review E - statistical, nonlinear and soft matter physics
Reviews of Modern Physics - in-depth articles all topics in physics
Physical Review Special Topics - Accelerators and Beams
Physical Review Special Topics - Physics Education Research
PROLA, the Physical Review Online Archive - archive of APS journals back to 1893
Physics, highlighting significant papers from APS journals
Focus, selected papers from APS journals explained for students and other researchers
Physics Central, educational and informational site about physics for students and the public
American Physical Society homepage