The Butte County Library encourages volunteerism as one way to involve members of the community in the activities of the Library. The Volunteer Program provides a supplement to the regular program performed by the paid staff. Applications are screened for volunteers whose skills best fit the current needs of the Library. Current needs determine if a volunteer is accepted; please note that some volunteer assignments may only be available at specific branches.
Adult Volunteer Application(pdf)
Teen Volunteer Application(pdf)
Benefits to the Library
Volunteers will help the library to:
- Continue or improve the level of service
- Promote its vital role to the citizens of each community
- Increase community support
- Gain widespread financial support
Benefits to the Volunteer
As a volunteer, you will receive:
- An opportunity to contribute to and serve your community
- A new use for your free time
- New social contacts
- A sense of purpose, accomplishment and self-worth
- Pride in a job well done
- Volunteer service recognition
The Friends of the Library groups also need numerous volunteers to assist with book sales, event planning, fundraising and other activities.
On behalf of the citizens of Butte County, we thank you for sharing your time and talent to help the staff provide library services. Your interest and enthusiasm are greatly appreciated. Effective volunteer work is a cooperative effort and we hope you will find your volunteer hours enjoyable and rewarding. We look forward to working with you.