Welcome to Butte County Library. Most branches have Young Adult areas full of books, magazines, audiobooks and more for teens. Get homework help, attend an author visit, play wii or come in for a special craft or cooking demonstration. Check with your local branch for upcoming special teen events.
Novelist - Book lists, recommendations, read-alikes, and book discussion guides.
- YALSA - Best Books for Young Adults, Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, Outstanding Books for the College Bound, and Teens' Top Ten
- Alex Awards- Best Adult Books for Young Adults
- Best Books for Young Adults Awards
- PUSH - Interviews from some cutting edge teen authors and excerpts from their books
- Teen Ink Raw - the magazine for art and writing by teens
- Teen Reads - get the latest scoop on new books, read up on issues regarding literature for teens, and learn about your favorite author
- No Flying, No Tights - Graphic novels reviews, divided by age range and genre. You'll find recommendations for manga, superheroes, non-fiction, and more.
- Reading Rants! Out of the Ordinary Teen Booklists! - Recommended reading for teens
Spectrum 3-D Printing & Media Lab
The Spectrum 3-D printing and digital media lab is now open for teens ages 12-17 at the Chico Branch Library. This service is free to all teens, and anyone interested should call the Chico Branch Library at 530.891.2726 to sign up for a time slot.
Explore the Web
Explore colleges, scholarships, careers, poetry, music, movies and games with our list of web resources.
MedLine Plus Teen health information from the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health.
Teens Health Check out articles that teens like you are reading.
Go Ask Alice! Columbia University 's Health question and answer internet service.
Why do teens volunteer at Butte County Libraries?
- Interest in the Library
Eager to support and enhance library services
- Need to complete community service requirement for school
- Interest in a career in Library Science and Administration
- Enjoy the satisfaction of helping others
- Fight boredom and discover great reading, music, movies and people.
Check with your local branch about requirements and submit an application.