Love Your Library!
Top 10 ways YOU can help Butte County Library
1. Enjoy your library! Come in, get a free card, watch a movie, share a story with your child or grandchild, get on the internet, check out a book on CD or a DVD, use an online database, and so much more!
2. Give a monetary donation designated for books in specific subject areas, purchasing eBooks, sponsoring a children’s program, or supporting Literacy Services. Unspecified cash donations will be used to purchase additional high-demand items. Visit our Wish List for more great giving ideas!
3. Join the Friends of the Library organization for your branch to help fund improvements to each community’s specific library needs, including book collections and children’s programs.
4. Donate your used books, movies, and CDs.
5. Volunteer (download an application) to help tutor an adult learning to read, assist library staff, shelve books, help with Friends book sales, and more. The Library also has volunteer opportunities for teens.
6. Celebrate the memory of a loved one, honor a friend or relative birthday, or recognize other special occasions.
7. Attend an event; check branch calendars to see what’s happening. In addition to Friends of the Library book sales, the annual Trivia Bee allows participants to have fun while supporting the Library.
8. Sponsor the library through your favorite community organization, including service clubs, PTA groups, or many others.
9. Create a legacy through planned giving in your will or estate plan. Through the North Valley Community Foundation, the Library can accept planned gifts of cash, stocks or bonds, real estate, insurance proceeds, or other personal property.
10. Let other people know how much you value the Library’s services – tell your friends, relatives, state and local elected officials . . . even the person next to you in line at the grocery store.
For more information about supporting Butte County Library, drop us a line or call 530.538.7525. You can also share your ideas with members of the Butte County Library Advisory Board.
Thank you for your support!