Current Meeting Room Schedules
(recommended viewing schedules on Firefox or Internet Explorer)
Chico - Room Capacity 83 seated, 197 standing
Durham - Room Capacity 20
Gridley - Room Capacity 49
Oroville - Room Capacity 44
- Room Capacity 49
New Meeting Room Rules updated January 22, 2014
Butte County Library and Your Organization
A new meeting room policy.
The branch library meeting room.
We've made a few changes to our policy and are more strongly emphasizing many of the guidelines already in place. We need all organizations to review our new policy and sign their agreement. The key changes and guidelines are:
- All organizations must have a signed agreement on file before they use the meeting room. This has always been the policy.
- Insurance Requirements. We will not require insurance for most groups and organizations, however at our discretion we may ask you to provide proof of liability, especially if you belong to a larger, more formal organization.
- Reminders: Any use of the meeting room is open to the public. The contact information for your organization is public information. This has always been true but we're emphasizing it.
- The meeting room is for use by non-commercial organizations for non-commercial purposes. Again, this has always been true. We will deny use by commercial entities. Please see your branch library manager or the County library administration if you are wondering if you qualify.
- Meeting room use is limited to 12 times per year if you are not affiliated with the library. Exceptions can be made by the branch manager, after review and analysis of meeting room use. This is in order to make sure all organizations have equal access to the spaces.
This revised policy became effective on January 22, 2014.
Please contact individual branches for questions about specific reservations
Durham DurhamBCLibrary@buttecounty.net 530.879.3835
Please direct any of your questions about this policy to the branch manager or to the County Librarian Melanie Lightbody at MLightbody@ButteCounty.net or 530.538.7525.
Butte County Library Departmental Conference Room Policy
As an expression of the Library's mission to connect people with information, ideas, and experiences, the Butte County Library provides conference rooms in the Chico, Durham, Gridley, Oroville and Paradise branch libraries. These rooms may be used by members of the community for the presentation and exchange of information and opinions of a non-commmercial nature. The only commercial activity that may take place in the Library's conference rooms will be Library sponsored and/or Friends of the Library events.
The Library makes these rooms available on equal terms to all persons and groups, regardless of opinion or affiliation. By making a conference room available as a forum, the Library does sponsor or endorse the views of any group using the room, nor does it provide any supervision. These rooms are available to groups of at least five people.
- Conference rooms are primarily designed for Butte County Library and library support organizations' programs and use. When not in use by the Library or Friends of the Library groups, public agencies and non-commercial, cultural, educational or civic groups are welcome to apply for use.
- With at least five business days' notice, the Library may cancel confirmed reservations to accommodate Butte County Library sponsored activities. Library staff will notify conference room users in the event of cancellation.
- The Library reserves the right to review each prospective use and determine whether or not that use falls within this Butte County Library Conference Room Policy. Use of the premises may be terminated at any time if the conduct of the group, or any member of the group, is disruptive to Library service or abusive or dangerous to the building, Library materials, exhibits, furnishings or individuals in the building.
- Organizations may reserve no more than 12 slots during a calendar year. Rare exceptions may be granted by the Library Director or designee on a case-by-case basis.
- Use will be disallowed if paper application is not on file at the library.
The following must be observed:
- Meetings must be open to the public and no admission charged.
- No for-profit commercial activity may take place.
- Reservations for the room should be made at least five days in advance.
- Keys will not be given if there is no application and use agreement on file with the library.
- Keys to the rooms must be picked up in advance; staff is not available to open the door when the Library is closed.
- Keys must be returned promptly to the Reference desk or placed in an envelope and deposited in the book drop after hours.
- All fire and safety rules must be followed:
•Smoking is not permitted under any circumstances.
•The posted capacity of the room must be observed.
•Aisles to exit doors must be kept clear.
•Electrical equipment should be checked for safety.
•Keep cords out of footpaths.
•The user bears full responsibility for any loss or damage to materials they bring into the Library; County insurance and/or financial resources do not cover exhibits or materials brought into the Library.
•County has the discretion to require use to obtain insurance, depending upon proposed use of the conference rooms.
•County is not responsible for items left in the conference room.
•Materials may be displayed only on areas provided for that purpose or easels.
•Users should be careful not to mar the walls with nails, glue or other substances. Light refreshments may be served in those rooms where kitchen facilites are provided. Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
•No janitorial service for moving materials or arranging furniture is provided. Users should set up and replace tables and chairs. Users are responsible for leaving the room in a clean condition. Users are responsible for damage to the room or County property in the room.
Butte County Library Application & Agreement for Use of the Library Conference Room
Please fill out, print, sign, scan and send your application to the library branch.