Programs & Events
- Storytimes - Weekly storytime events around the county.
- Children's Services Blog - staff book reviews, children's programs and special events.
- Butte County Library Children's & Teen Services is on Facebook!
Literacy Services - programs for kids and families from Butte County Literacy
- Valley Oak Mobile Library visits the library. Please call Siobhan O'Neil at 530.899.4902 if you have any questions or need futher information. The Mobile Library Toy Van will be at:
Oroville Library Story Time 11:00am to 12:00pm
June 18, 2014
Books! Books! Books!
Safekids.com - SafeKids.com is one of the oldest and most enduring sites for Internet safety. It’s founder and editor, Larry Magid, is the author of the original National Center for Missing & Exploited Children’s 1994 brochure, “Child Safety on the Information Highway.”
- NetSmartz Workshop is an interactive, educational program of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children® (NCMEC) that provides age-appropriate resources to help teach children how to be safer on- and offline.
Getnetwise.org - GetNetWise is a public service brought to you by Internet industry corporations and public interest organizations to help ensure that Internet users have safe, constructive, and educational or entertaining online experiences. The GetNetWise coalition wants Internet users to be just "one click away" from the resources they need to make informed decisions about their and their family's use of the Internet.
Just for Fun
Family Education Network
RIF Reading Planet is part of Reading Is Fundamental (RIF), the largest children’s literacy nonprofit in the United States. Search for book reviews or write your own on Reading Planet.
StoryPlace is a children's digital library. Available in Spanish and English.
Fun Brain has free educational games, online books, and comics.
PBS Kids fun activities and games featuring PBS program characters.
Nick Jr. videos, games, crafts and more.
Scholastic Kids Games
Butte County Library Child Safety Policy
Countywide Childrens Librarian: Susie Serrano 530.538.3898 SSerrano@ButteCounty.net