Donate through Annie B's Community Drive from August 1, 2014 to September 30, 2014 and your donation will be supplemented by NVCF funds.
"Paws to Read" Summer Reading Program is here! Fun activities for all ages to enjoy. Summer Reading Program runs from June 1, 2014 to July 31, 2014. Drop by your local branch for more information on special events, contests, and movies.
Library Newsletter - Find out about upcoming programs and events, staff reads and more.
2014 - 2015 Book In Common is The Distance Between Us by Reyna Grande
- National Teen Lock-In August 1, 2014 5:00pm to 9:00pm at the Oroville and Paradise libraries. Ages 12-17 welcome, permission slip required. Free Food, Fun Activities, Prizes and More! Meet Teens from over 30 libraries in the U.S. via webcast plus a live Author Chat with Marissa Meyer, Michelle Gagnon, and Claudia Gray!
- Join us this summer for Lunchtime @ the Library. Local food trucks, music, public information tables and more! Lunchtime @ Chico Library event information and Lunchtime @ Oroville Library event information.
Lunchtime @ the Library dates:
Chico Library: July 30, 2014 11:30am to 2:00pm
- "Hooks and Needlers" Knitting Circle meets at the Paradise Library, Thursdays at 12:00pm.
- Ladies Night Out at the Movies. Men and teens are also invited to attend. Gridley Friends of the Library sponsor a recently released or classic movie the 3rd Friday of the month. Shown in the Gridley Library meeting room, doors open at 6:00pm.
- Chico Library hosts a weekly Tech User Group. Learn how to set up your e-reader, smartphone, or tablet device to download free library e-books, e-magazines and audiobooks. Please bring your own device and plan to learn something new every time!. The Tech User Group meets Tuesdays 5:30pm to 6:30pm and Wednesdays 1:00pm to 2:00pm at Chico Library.
- StoryTail Tutors is a free reading program for beginning, struggling and reluctant readers. Read to a trained and certified therapy dog in a relaxed library environment. Meets at the Chico Library, the 4th Saturday of every month at 2:00pm, ages 5 - 11 years.
- Join the
Junior Paradise Friends of the Library (JPFOL), a youth group ages 12-17, with the goal of making the public library a more teen friendly place. Meets at the Paradise Library the first Wednesday of the month at 4:00pm.
- Karaoke Night at the Durham Library. Fun for all ages! Refreshments will be served.The 2nd Friday of each month 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
- Knitters Night Out, free and open to all crafters. All ages and all skill levels. Bring your own crocheting, knitting, or other fiber project. Wednesdays 5:30pm to 7:00pm at Chico Library.
Covered California has the latest information about the Affordable Healthcare Act. Call toll free 888.975.1142.