Holiday closures: Butte County Library will be closed December 25, December 26, and January 1. The library will close at 5 pm on December 24 and December 31.
Wireless printing from your laptop available in the Chico, Durham, Oroville and Paradise branches. Click to download a temporary printer driver. (The driver may only be downloaded when you're connected to wifi in a branch library.)
Butte County Library's automated phone notification system has been updated. Patrons will be called by phone when their items are 1 day overdue. To renew your books contact your local branch during open hours or login to your account online anytime.
Library Newsletter - Find out about upcoming programs and events, staff reads and more.
2014 - 2015 Book In Common is The Distance Between Us by Reyna Grande
Send print jobs from your home computer or laptop and pick up your prints at the Chico Library. Printing is available in Black & White only. Prints cost $0.10 per page.
Magic show and discussion with Chico’s own Wayne Houchin . Come see Wayne on Monday December 22 nd at the Performing Arts Center on the Pleasant Valley High School campus. This is a fundraiser to help the community of Weed CA rebuild their library, which was destroyed by fire. Advance V.I.P tickets available at the Chico branch Library for $10. Day of performance tickets by donation, contribute what you can. Come and enjoy a local great, and help another library rise from the ashes.
- "Hooks and Needlers" Knitting Circle meets at the Paradise Library, Thursdays at 12:00pm.
- Ladies Night Out at the Movies. Men and teens are also invited to attend. Gridley Friends of the Library sponsor a recently released or classic movie the 3rd Friday of the month. Shown in the Gridley Library meeting room, doors open at 6:00pm.
- Chico Library hosts a weekly Tech User Group. Learn how to set up your e-reader, smartphone, or tablet device to download free library e-books, e-magazines and audiobooks. Please bring your own device and plan to learn something new every time!. The Tech User Group meets Tuesdays 5:30pm to 6:30pm and Wednesdays 1:00pm to 2:00pm at Chico Library.
- StoryTail Tutors is a free reading program for beginning, struggling and reluctant readers. Read to a trained and certified therapy dog in a relaxed library environment. Meets at the Chico Library, the 4th Saturday of every month at 2:00pm, ages 5 - 11 years.
- Join the Junior Paradise Friends of the Library (JPFOL), a youth group ages 12-17, with the goal of making the public library a more teen friendly place. Meets at the Paradise Library the first Wednesday of the month at 4:00pm.
- Karaoke Night at the Durham Library. Fun for all ages! Refreshments will be served.The 2nd Friday of each month 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
- Knitters Night Out, free and open to all crafters. All ages and all skill levels. Bring your own crocheting, knitting, or other fiber project. Wednesdays 5:30pm to 7:00pm at Chico Library.
Covered California has the latest information about the Affordable Healthcare Act. Call toll free 888.975.1142.