Celebrate National Library Week April 13, 20 14 to April 19, 2014. Visit your local branch, sign the Declaration for the Right to Libraries, or submit your library story.
Oroville Library Closure information: Beginning April 1, 2014 for approximately 60 days the main reading room of the Oroville Library will be closed and the meeting room will be converted for temporary use for limted library services. The main reading room will be undergoing renovation. The limited library service in the meeting room is expected to begin by April 22, 2014.
Our eBook and audiobook selections have changed, Butte County Library will no longer be using Overdrive. Butte County Library will be providing eBooks through Axis 360 and OneClickdigital. Audiobooks will be provided by OneClickdigital. All of our digital services can be accessed from our e-Resources page.
Tax Forms & Assistance. Links to state and federal forms and information about free tax preparation in Butte County.
Library Newsletter - Find out about upcoming programs and events, staff reads and more.
2013 - 2014 Book In Common is The Yellow Birds - Kevin Powers
- "Hooks and Needlers" Knitting Circle meets at the Paradise Library, Thursdays at 12:00pm.
- Ladies Night Out at the Movies. Men and teens are also invited to attend. Gridley Friends of the Library sponsor a recently released or classic movie the 3rd Friday of the month. Shown in the Gridley Library meeting room, doors open at 6:00pm.
- Chico Library hosts a weekly Tech User Group. Learn how to set up your e-reader, smartphone, or tablet device to download free library e-books, e-magazines and audiobooks. Please bring your own device and plan to learn something new every time!. The Tech User Group meets Tuesdays 5:30pm to 6:30pm and Wednesdays 1:00pm to 2:00pm at Chico Library.
- StoryTail Tutors is a free reading program for beginning, struggling and reluctant readers. Read to a trained and certified therapy dog in a relaxed library environment. Meets at the Chico Library, the 4th Saturday of every month at 2:00pm, ages 5 - 11 years.
- Join the
Junior Paradise Friends of the Library (JPFOL), a youth group ages 12-17, with the goal of making the public library a more teen friendly place. Meets at the Paradise Library the first Wednesday of the month at 4:00pm.
- Karaoke Night at the Durham Library. Fun for all ages! Refreshments will be served.The 2nd Friday of each month 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
- Free homework help for grades 1-8 at Chico Library. Available Tuesdays & Wednesdays 3:00pm to 5:00pm no appointment necessary - just drop in!
- Knitters Night Out, free and open to all crafters. All ages and all skill levels. Bring your own crocheting, knitting, or other fiber project. Wednesdays 5:30pm to 7:00pm at Chico Library.
Covered California has the latest information about the Affordable Healthcare Act. Call toll free 888.975.1142.