New Chico Branch Library Hours Effective July 6, 2015:
Tuesday 11 AM - 7 PM
Wednesday 11 AM - 7 PM
Thursday 10 AM - 7 PM
Friday 10 AM - 5 PM
Saturday 9 AM - 5 PM
Sunday 1 PM - 5 PM
All Library Branches will be closed on Mondays.
Wireless printing is available in the Chico, Durham, Oroville and Paradise branches.
Library Newsletter - Find out about upcoming programs and events, staff reads and more.
- The Oroville Library will be presenting a new program, the Family Art Connections Project - a free art class for the entire family! Art materials and a take home project will be provided. September 12, October 17, and November 14, 3pm-5pm. For more information, or to sign up, please ask at the library or call 530-538-7641. The project is limited to 20 families.
- "Reading HERO,” a new program at the Oroville Branch Library, brings community members and children together to share in the joy of reading on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. The program is free and informal: children can drop in anytime between 3 and 4 pm to relax and listen to a story or two, read by the volunteers.
- Need help with your e-Reader or tablet? Visit the Chico Library’s weekly Tech User Group (Tuesdays 5:30-6:30 pm and Wednesdays 1:00-2:00 pm) or drop in for e-Reader Rescue at the Oroville Library (Wednesdays 3-4 pm). Learn how to set up your e-reader, smartphone, or tablet device to download free library e-books, e-magazines and audiobooks. Please bring your own device and plan to learn something new every time!
- Join the Junior Paradise Friends of the Library (JPFOL), a youth group ages 12-17, with the goal of making the public library a more teen friendly place. Meets at the Paradise Library the first Wednesday of the month at 4:00pm.
- Karaoke Night at the Durham Library. Fun for all ages! Refreshments will be served.The 2nd Friday of each month 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
- California’s Library Services for People with Print Disabilities, in association with the Library of Congress, provides free Braille and audio books, magazines and playback equipment to all eligible Californians unable to read standard print. Follow the link to find your local braille and talking book library and sign up for free library service.