Butte County Library Proctoring Procedures
Butte County Library will:
- Receive test and provide a Senior Library Assistant or Librarian to sign
appropriate paperwork and proctor exam.
- Advise student of specific institutional guidelines (no notes, no open book,
calculator, etc.) prior to start of exam.
- Hold exam until deadline stated by institution.
- Proctor exams taken on a personal laptop (all branches except Biggs).
- Return completed exam to the institution through regular library mail pick up.
Butte County Library cannot provide:
- A locked or secure place, nor a quiet study room for test taking.
A librarian for one-on-one monitoring.
Proctoring for a group.
- Extended computer time on a public computer. Library public computers have a one hour limit which cannot be overridden locally.
Return postage for, fax, or arrange for pick up of a completed exam.
Notify institution that exam must be sent in a sealed envelope addressed to
Call library to verify receipt of exam.
Arrive with necessary identification and supplies to take exam.
Pay BCL test proctoring fee of $28.50 for up to a 3-hour exam.
Allow sufficient time to take the exam during available open hours, and before the deadline that has been established by testing institution.
- Allow sufficient return time for regular library mailing.
- Provide postage and an envelope, if not supplied by institution for return of completed exam.
Please call your local library branch if you have further questions. Thank you!