The Chico Seed Lending Library (CSLL) is a self-perpetuating collection of seeds donated and shared by members of the general public. Hosted at the Chico branch of the Butte County Library, CSLL is available free of charge to any Butte County Library card-holder. Come sign up for a free library card and beome a CSLL member today! You can check out up to five packets of seeds per season. Save some seeds from the healthy plants you grow, and bring them back to CSLL after harvest. If you are new to seed-saving, the library also has excellent books to help you get started. Check the CSLL facebook page for more great information about seeds-- and details about upcoming workshops.
How to Donate Seeds
- Preserve genetic diversity and food sovereignty
- Develop locally-resilient plants
- Offer free access to seeds for growing food, flowers, herbs and native plants
- Gardening & Permaculture
- Current topics/issues in agriculture
Relevant library materials for community needs
- Opportunities for visitors to connect over shared interests/passions
- Connection between library and ag community
CSLL is a partnership between Butte County Library, the Chico Permaculture Guild, and the Grub Education Program.
For more information:
Visit us on facebook, or,
Leave a message with your name and contact info at:
Chico Branch, Butte County Library