Butte County Central offers a credit or debit card payment option through Official Payments.
You can make your payment over the telephone or through their website.
To make a credit or debit card payment, you will need the following information:
· Your 6-digit account number, not your court docket number. Your account number begins with either a 1 or 2 and is located on your collection letter next to your name.
· Butte County Central Collections’ jurisdiction code: 1520
· Your credit/debit card account number and expiration date
· Your telephone number
· The zip code where you receive your credit/debit card bill
If you are making your payment over the telephone, the following steps will help you through the process:
· Call 1-800-272-9829
· Select Option #3 – charge property taxes and all other payments (fines & fees)
· Enter Butte County Central Collections’ Jurisdiction Code: 1520
· Enter your collection account number (6-digit number on your collection letter)
· Press #1 to make a collection payment
· Enter your credit/debit card account number
· Enter your telephone number
· Enter your payment amount
· Enter your credit card number
· Enter the month your credit card will expire (example: 04 for April)
· Enter the year your credit card will expire (example: 2009)
· Enter the zip code where you receive your credit card bill.
· Hold for confirmation number
If you do not have the information required to make a payment online, contact the Central Collections Division at 530-538-7362.