The following statements are hereby adopted as the general operational objectives of the Butte County Probation Department:
· COURT SERVICES To provide the Court with thorough, unbiased reports and recommendations, based on objective analysis and current law.
· JUVENILE DETENTION SERVICES To establish and support a local juvenile detention system which utilizes the assessment of risk, eliminates unnecessary detention, provides a safe and humane institutional environment, incorporates policies and practices respecting the dignity of residents, and demonstrates a level of care and public safety awareness which serves as a model to other jurisdictions.
· VICTIM SERVICES To provide an active advocacy in support of victims’ rights, as a dominating priority in the department’s philosophy and operations.
· SUPERVISION SERVICES To provide prioritized, goal-oriented supervision services that emphasize public protection, accountability, and effecting positive, meaningful change in those individuals being supervised.
· COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT To work together with members of the public and with private agencies to increase the quality and availability of services to meet the changing needs of the citizens and communities in our county.
· PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS To provide through the hiring, training and staff development functions of the department, officers and staff who are capable of meeting the many challenges facing corrections today, and towards continuing to earn the trust bestowed on us by the public and the Court.