Butte County Library
KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT CURRENT!
As of March 1, 2010, Butte County Library began contracting with Unique Management Services, Inc., an agency that specializes in library material recovery and collection on past due accounts. Library customers who owe more than $50 in fines or who have items more than 45 days past due will automatically have their accounts referred to Unique Management for processing. Customers who do not respond to collection attempts within 120 days will have their accounts referred to a credit reporting agency. Under this new material recovery system, customers will be given opportunities to return overdue materials and/or pay past due fees as follows:
1) 3 days prior to an item being due—a courtesy notice is sent via email.
2) 1 day overdue—second notice is sent via email.
3) 7 days overdue—third notice is sent via email or phone.
4) 45 days overdue—the account is turned over to Unique Management who sends the customer a written notice requesting payment. At this time, an additional $19 nonrefundable collection referral fee is added to the customer’s library account.
5) At 21 days , Unique sends a second letter.
6) At 35 days , Unique telephones the customer to encourage payment
7) At 66 days , Unique telephones the customer to warn they may be credit reported.
8) At 120 days from the initial referral, unresolved accounts are credit reported.
**Keep your account current!** It’s easy Keeping your library account current is simple:
1) Verify that the library has your current phone number and/or email address (we no longer send paper notices)
2) Return items BEFORE they are overdue, or
3) Renew items BEFORE they are overdue by
A) logging into your account at our website www.buttecounty.net/library, or
B) calling or visiting any of the six library branches during open hours
Biggs - 868-5724
Chico - 894-2726
Durham - 879-3835
Gridley - 846-3323
Oroville - 538-7355
Paradise - 872-6320