Dental Insurance: Dental insurance is provided through Delta Dental. Coverage is available through either the Delta Premier or the Delta Preferred Options plans.
The Delta Premier plan is a preferred provider type of service with the plan contributing 80 percent of the participating dentist's fees for most general services. The remaining 20 percent is paid by the employee or dependent. The maximum annual benefit for the Delta Premier plan is $1,000 and certain other limitations do apply. In addition, there is a small annual deductible of $25 per person, with a maximum of $75 per family.
Coverage under the Delta Preferred Option, however, is 100 percent for most basic services (when those services are received from a participating dentist), with a maximum annual benefit of $1,500. This plan also has a small annual deductible with a 60 percent benefit on crowns, casts, and prosthodontic services.