In responding to emergency events that would require mass evacuation of Butte County residents, the Department of Employment and Social Services has the following responsibilities and contact information:
Mass Care and Shelter Responsibilities
- Provide staffing and assist the American Red Cross in the operation of shelters during disasters and emergencies
- Provide a department representative to respond to Office of Emergency Service’s Command Center.
- Coordinate needs for public assistance programs, adult /child protective services and administrative needs.
- Work in cooperation with other agencies to identify solutions for needs that arise during the shelter operation.
- Shelter Information:
American Red Cross, Three Rivers Chapter
Adult Protective Services Response
- The Adult Protective Services (APS) maintains a 24-hour hotline to field calls from the American Red Cross and the public regarding health and safety issues involving seniors and disabled adults.
- The APS Referral Hotline number is 1-800-664-9774
Emergency Food Stamp Response
- Current food stamp recipients who have lost food due to disasters such as power outages, fires, floods, may be eligible for replacement food and should contact their caseworker.
- Butte County residents who are not currently receiving Food Stamp benefits and think they may be eligible should contact Butte County Department of Employment and Social Services.
- Food Stamp Contact Information:
Phone Number: 1-800-449-9189
Oroville Community Employment Ctr.
78 Table Mountain Blvd.
Oroville CA 95965
Chico Community Employment Ctr.
2445 Carmichael Drive
Chico, CA 95928