Board Meeting Information
- Meetings are conducted in the Board of Supervisors Chambers located in the Butte County Administration Building, 25 County Center Drive, Oroville.
- Meetings are normally held the second and fourth Tuesday of the month and begin at 9:00 a.m., however due to holidays and other schedule conflicts the Board may meet on alternate Tuesdays.
- The agenda for every meeting of the Board is posted in front of the County Administration Building, at least 72 hours prior to each meeting. Agendas are usually posted at the County location, and on this website, by 4:00 p.m. on the Thursday prior to the Tuesday meeting.
- The agenda is usually organized in the following manner:
- Consent Agenda : these are routine items usually handled by one motion and vote of the Board. If a member of the public wishes to discuss an item, a public participation card is filled out and given to the Clerk of the Board, requesting the item be discussed. Public participants may approach the podium and request the removal of an item without completing a participation card. The cards are simply used to help the Chair identify individuals wishing to address the Board. Items removed from the Consent Agenda are generally considered at the end of the Regular Agenda. The public is encouraged to consult with County staff for clarification and explanation of Consent Agenda items.
- Regular Agenda : these are items which require Board discussion. They are usually taken individually in the order listed on the agenda. Regular Agenda items may be heard between Public Hearing and Timed Items.
- Public Hearing and Timed Items : items in this section are heard at the scheduled time. Items will not be considered prior to the scheduled time, but may be considered after the scheduled time.
- Other Items : occasionally the Board will conduct hearings and take action on matters within their other legislative capacities, e.g., the Butte County Public Facilities Finance Corporation. These items will be listed separately on the agenda.
- Public Comment : this is the time members of the public audience may address the Board on a matter not listed on the agenda. The Board is prohibited by state law from taking action on any item not listed on the agenda.
- Closed Session : the Board is authorized to meet in closed session in certain circumstances. These circumstances typically include matters involving County personnel, pending and potential litigation, and labor negotiations. When meeting in a closed session, the Board will adjourn from the public meeting.
- A "*" appearing before an agenda item signifies that material has been provided to the Board of Supervisors members to explain this item. A copy of that material is available in the Administrative Office for public review. Copies of materials can be provided to you for the cost of the copies.
Public Participation : it is the policy of the Board of Supervisors, as well as a requirement of the The Ralph M. Brown Act, (California Government Code Section 54950-54962) to allow members of the public the opportunity to comment on all matters before the Board. Public participation is limited to matters within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board pursuant to Government Code Section 54954.3. Members of the public wishing to provide comment on an item, but who are unable to attend the meeting, are encouraged to send their comments in writing to the Clerk of the Board, 25 County Center Drive, Oroville, CA 95965.